Re: unrecognized node type: 350 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: unrecognized node type: 350
Date
List pgsql-general

čt 17. 11. 2022 v 6:18 odesílatel shashidhar Reddy <shashidharreddy001@gmail.com> napsal:
Pavel,

Plpgsql_check configured under postures 13 lib.

If it us not enabled default how can I do it?

Do you use profiler or tracer or passive mode from plpgsql_check?

What is result of "show plpgsql_check.mode" ?

On Thu, 17 Nov, 2022, 8:44 am Pavel Stehule, <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

st 16. 11. 2022 v 19:52 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
> st 16. 11. 2022 v 19:01 odesílatel shashidhar Reddy <
> shashidharreddy001@gmail.com> napsal:
>>> I could see an error in syslogs, I am not sure what it means.
>>> kernel: [93631.415790] postgres[86383]: segfault at 80 ip
>>> 00007f07f3e3eefd
>>> sp 00007fffcf1db500 error 4 in plpgsql_check.so[7f07f3e2e000+34000]

> The extension plpgsql_check does not contain this message.

Well, no --- it's the kernel reporting a segfault in plpgsql_check.

Although now that you mention it, there should also be traces of this
crash in the Postgres log; it would be interesting to see what's
reported there.

plpgsql_check can be used as a profiler or tracer too. But this functionality is not enabled by default.

So usually at runtime, the plpgsql_check is not active. So it can be nice to get plpgsql_check configuration and stack trace.

> Node with number 350 should be ParamRef

This is v13, so if I wrangled gdb correctly 350 is FuncCall.  (One
thing I'm wondering though is if the extension somehow got compiled
against wrong-version headers.  But you'd expect that it largely
wouldn't work at all if so.)

I did error in calculation, it is FuncCall

Regards

Pavel

                        regards, tom lane