Re: ToDo: show size of partitioned table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: ToDo: show size of partitioned table
Date
List pgsql-hackers

st 31. 10. 2018 v 7:34 odesílatel Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> napsal:
On 2018/10/31 15:30, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> st 31. 10. 2018 v 3:27 odesílatel Amit Langote <
> Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> napsal:
>> +    appendPQExpBufferStr(&buf, "\nWHERE c.relkind IN ('p')\n");
>>
>> I wonder if we should list partitioned indexes ('I') as well, because
>> their size information is not available with \di+.  But maybe, they should
>> have a separate command.
>>

> I though about it too and I prefer separate command. Similar to \di+

Okay, maybe \dI+.

what about combination

\dPt+ for partitined tables and size
\dPi+ for indexes on partitioned tables and size
\dP+ for total partition size (tables + indexes)

What do you think about it?

Regards

Pavel

> I am not sure. Has not sense run this test over empty database, and some
> bigger database can increase running.
>
> More the size can be platform depend.

Okay, sure.

Thanks,