Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2013/2/26 Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>:
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> Dunno, I think that's going to result in a very large chunk of mostly
>> duplicative code in psql.  regprocedurein() is fairly short because it
>> can rely on a ton of code from the parser, but psql won't have that
>> luxury.
>
> Parsing/tokenizing a CSV string inside parens doesn't strike me as all
> that difficult, even when handling the space-delimininated varname from
> the type.

this is not hard task, hard task is correct identification related function

see FuncnameGetCandidates() function

I am sure, so we don't would to duplicate this function on client side.

probably we can simplify searching to search only exact same signature
- but still there are problem with type synonyms. And solving this
code on client side means code duplication.

I prefer some smart searching function on server side - it can be
useful for other app too - pgAdmin, plpgsql debugger, ... And in psql
we can do switch - for older versions use current code, and for newer
"smart" server side function.

???

Regards

Pavel