Re: string_to_array, array_to_string function without separator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: string_to_array, array_to_string function without separator
Date
List pgsql-hackers

pá 15. 3. 2019 v 15:03 odesílatel David Fetter <david@fetter.org> napsal:
On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 05:04:02AM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hi
>
> I propose mentioned functions without specified separator. In this case the
> string is transformed to array of chars, in second case, the array of chars
> is transformed back to string.
>
> Comments, notes?

Whatever optimizations you have in mind for this, could they also work
for string_to_array() and array_to_string() when they get an empty
string handed to them?

my idea is use string_to_array('AHOJ') --> {A,H,O,J}

empty input means empty result --> {}

As to naming, some languages use explode/implode.

can be, but if we have string_to_array already, I am thinking so it is good name.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!