Re: Loggingt psql meta-commands - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Loggingt psql meta-commands
Date
List pgsql-general

Andreas, Andrian,

Thank you very much for both pieces of information. It was very helpful. Now, let me ask you one more question on the same topic. Is it more granular way to control logging PosgreSQL provides, or I pretty much reduced to choosing between mod and all?

The reason I'm asking is because with 'all" volume of daily logging becomes truly ginormous. And for my purposes, I really do not need all the SELECT statements to be logged. Only those, which are responsible for explicit querying of role/privileges/roles (so, \du, \dp, \z, in essence).

There is nothing similar.

But if you can recompile psql - you can hack psql - it should be small simple patch (less than 100 lines).

Regards

Pavel

Thanks,

Oleg

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net> wrote:
oleg yusim <olegyusim@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I'm new to PostgreSQL, working on it from the point of view of Cyber Security
> assessment. In regards to the here is my question:
>
> Is it a way to enable logging for psql prompt meta-commands, such as \du, \dp,
> \z, etc?

start psql with -E

Andreas
unintentional side effect.                              (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."   (unknown)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe.              N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°