Re: proposal: enable new error fields in plpgsql (9.4) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: enable new error fields in plpgsql (9.4)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2013/2/1 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>:
> On 2/1/13 8:00 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>>> Is there a compelling reason why we wouldn't provide these already in 9.3?
>>
>> a time for assign to last commitfest is out.
>>
>> this patch is relative simple and really close to enhanced error
>> fields feature - but depends if some from commiters will have a time
>> for commit to 9.3 - so I am expecting primary target 9.4, but I am not
>> be angry if it will be commited early.
>
> If we don't have access to those fields on PL/pgSQL, what was the point
> of the patch to begin with?  Surely, accessing them from C wasn't the
> main use case?

These fields are available for application developers now. But is a
true, so without this patch, GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS statement will
not be fully consistent, because some fields are accessible and others
not

Pavel