Re: SEGFAULT in CREATE EXTENSION related pg_init_privs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: SEGFAULT in CREATE EXTENSION related pg_init_privs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

Pavel,

* Pavel Stehule (pavel.stehule@gmail.com) wrote:
> I am trying to prepare orafce for PostgreSQL 9.6.
>
> I can successfully compile this extension, but the statement CREATE
> EXTENSION fails on segfault

Just the latest off of https://github.com/orafce/orafce ?

yes. When I commented REVOKE, then all tests passed. When you uncomment REVOKE, then CREATE EXTENSION should to fail.

I took a quick look through and nothing is jumping out at me and,
unfortunately, have a lot on my plate today.  I'll take a look at it
later on tonight though.

I understand. Now, I have workaround, so I can to continue on fixing Orafce for 9.6, and It is not blocker for me.

Regards

Pavel

> This is enforced by sequence of statements REVOKE, GRANT
>
> try to add following lines to hstore--1.3.sql
>
> CREATE VIEW public.dual AS SELECT 'X'::varchar AS dummy;
> REVOKE ALL ON public.dual FROM PUBLIC;
> GRANT SELECT, REFERENCES ON public.dual TO PUBLIC;
>
> then create extension hstore enforces this error.
>
> When I remove the REVOKE statement - all is working.

Ok, good to know, that'll help.

Thanks!

Stephen