Re: My first patch! (to \df output) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: My first patch! (to \df output)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

2012/10/27 Jon Erdman <postgresql@thewickedtribe.net>:

> Hello Hackers!
>
> So, currently the only way to see if a function is security definer or not is to directly query pg_proc. This is both
irritating,and I think perhaps dangerous since security definer functions can be  so powerful. I thought that
rectifyingthat would make an excellent first patch, and I was bored today here in Prague since pgconf.eu is now
over...sohere it is. :)

> This patch adds a column to the output of \df titled "Security" with values of "definer" or "invoker" based on the
booleansecdef column from pg_proc. I've also included a small doc patch to match. This patch is against master from
git.Comments welcome!

> I just realized I didn't address regression tests, so I guess this is not actually complete yet. I should have time
forthat next week after I get back to the states.

> I would also like to start discussion about perhaps adding a couple more things to \df+, specifically function
executionpermissions (which are also exposed nowhere outside the catalog to my knowledge), and maybe search_path since
that'srelated to secdef. Thoughts?

I prefer show this in \dt+ for column "Security" - and for other
functionality maybe new statement.

> This was actually kind of anti-climactic, since it only took about 5 minutes to make the change and get it working.
Didn'treally feel the way I expected it to ;)

:) yes, hacking is funny

Regards

Pavel