Re: to_json(NULL) should to return JSON null instead NULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: to_json(NULL) should to return JSON null instead NULL
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 8/29/15 12:29 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
    Note that all the to_json functions are strict. In this sense it's
    quite consistent. If we change it to being called on null input,
    what should we return if a null non-scalar is passed in?

what is correct from JSON perspective? All fields with NULL

ISTM that the whole purpose of to_json is to properly jsonify something, and the proper json form for "undefined" is 'null', is it not?

it is probably equivalent

Pavel