Re: 2018-03 Commitfest Summary (Andres #2) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: 2018-03 Commitfest Summary (Andres #2)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

- new plpgsql extra_checks

  WOA, but recently set to that status. Patch essentially from
  2017-01-11.

  I'm not really sure there's agreement we want this.

This patch is simple and has benefit for users with basic plpgsql skills, and some for all.

In more complex cases, probably plpgsql_check is used everywhere today, what is better but significantly complex solution. But not all cases can be solved by plpgsql_check, because it does only static analyze. This patch does some runtime warnings and checks.

Regards

Pavel

- "Possibility to controll plpgsql plan cache behave"

  NR, current incarnation is from late last year.  Note that the patch
  doesn't at all do anymore what the subject says. It's GUCs that can
  force custom / generic plans.

  Seems simple, if we want it.