Re: [HACKERS] Harmonization of json functions (SQLITE) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Harmonization of json functions (SQLITE)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

Hello,

I just saw on hackernews the announcement that sqlite includes a json extension.

The proposed functions are really well documented and easy to apply and I was wondering if postgres could extend their json functions to be similar to those.

https://www.sqlite.org/json1.html

Some functions are similar (json_each) while others are missing in postgresql (json_set)

Maybe it would also be a viable path to create a plugin and reuse some oft he code from the sqlite community?

I am not sure, if PostgreSQL upstream code can reuse SQLite code.

What I know the PostgreSQL target is SQL/JSON syntax - but SQLite compatible JSON can be nice extension (maybe some more bigger - SQLitefce - like Orafce)

Some work can be shared - SQLite has uses JSONPath that is required by SQL/JSON

Regards

Pavel

Regards,

Tobias