Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 8/28/15 3:31 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
--psqlrc​
​; read the standard rc files​
--no-psqlrc ; do not read the standard rc files

It belongs in a separate patch, though.

In this patch -g should disable the reading of the standard rc files.

Agreed; I didn't realize -c disabled psqlrc.

Yet another option could be added that allows the user to point to a
different set of rc files.  Its presence should not cause the
include/exclude behavior to change.  That way you can setup a psql
wrapper function or alias that uses a different ​rc file while still
having control over whether it is included or excluded.  The problem
here is exploding the logic in order to deal with both a system and a
user rc file.

If we had a \i variation that didn't fail if the file wasn't readable you could use that to pull a system psqlrc in from your custom one.

The import any file is not problem with -g command - so special option is not necessary probably

psql postgres -g "\i somefile" -g "select xxx" -g "..."

Regards

Pavel