Re: Server-side hooks for user session start and session end - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Server-side hooks for user session start and session end
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,
27.09.2015 8:29, Pavel Stehule:
    I'll check it.

It is working. Patch attached

Oh, brilliant! This is a _huge_ help actually!

If I understand it correctly, any unhandled SQL-level exceptions will essentially be ignored there, so that the session will continue regardless?

no, unhandled exeception enforce FATAL error. So you cannot to login to this session

And maybe it could even be proposed for upstream?

It is extension, so it can live outside.

The accepting to upstream depends on community. I have not too free time to push this patch. But anybody can do it - or upload to PGXN

It is so wonderfully small and looks not too much intrusive.

It is really simple.

Regards

Pavel

Thank you,