Re: proposal: psql \setfileref - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: psql \setfileref
Date
Re: proposal: psql \setfileref  (Gilles Darold <gilles.darold@dalibo.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
hi

Le 03/10/2016 à 23:23, Gilles Darold a écrit :
> Le 03/10/2016 à 23:03, Robert Haas a écrit :
>> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Gilles Darold <gilles@darold.net> wrote:
>>> 4) An other problem is that like this this patch will allow anyone to upload into a
>>> column the content of any system file that can be read by postgres system user
>>> and then allow non system user to read its content.
>> I thought this was a client-side feature, so that it would let a
>> client upload any file that the client can read, but not things that
>> can only be read by the postgres system user.
>>
> Yes that's right, sorry for the noise, forget this fourth report.

After some more though there is still a security issue here. For a
PostgreSQL user who also have login acces to the server, it is possible
to read any file that the postgres system user can read, especially a
.pgpass or a recovery.conf containing password.

here is new update - some mentioned issues are fixed + regress tests and docs

regards

Pavel

--
Gilles Darold