[HACKERS] proposal: psql statements \gstore \gstore_binary (instead COPY RAW) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject [HACKERS] proposal: psql statements \gstore \gstore_binary (instead COPY RAW)
Date
Re: [HACKERS] proposal: psql statements \gstore \gstore_binary (instead COPY RAW)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

Long time I am pushing a COPY RAW - without success.

Now I propose functionally similar solution - reduced to only to psql console

Now we have a statement \g for execution query, \gset for exec and store result in memory and I propose \gstore for storing result in file and \gstore_binary for storing result in file with binary passing. The query result should be one row, one column.

Usage:

SELECT image FROM accounts WHERE id = xxx
\gstore_binary ~/image.png

What do you think about this proposal?

Regards

Pavel