Re: [HACKERS] patch: function xmltable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: [HACKERS] patch: function xmltable
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Dne 2. 3. 2017 18:14 napsal uživatel "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>:
Pavel Stehule wrote:

> It is documented already
>
> "If the <literal>PATH</> matches an empty tag the result is an empty string"

Hmm, okay.  But what we have here is not an empty tag, but a tag that is
completely missing.  I don't think those two cases should be treated in
the same way ...

this information is not propagated from libxml2.

> Attached new patch
>
> cleaned documentation
> regress tests is more robust
> appended comment in src related to generating empty string for empty tag

Thanks, I incorporated those changes.  Here's v46.  I rewrote the
documentation, and fixed a couple of incorrectly copied&pasted comments
in the new executor code; I think that one looks good.  In the future we
could rewrite it to avoid the need for a tuplestore, but I think the
current approach is good enough for a pg10 implementation.

Barring serious problems, I intend to commit this later today.

thank you very much

regards

Pavel

--