Re: Refactor parse analysis of EXECUTE command - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Refactor parse analysis of EXECUTE command
Date
List pgsql-hackers

po 4. 11. 2019 v 8:53 odesílatel Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> napsal:
On 2019-11-02 16:00, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This patch moves the parse analysis component of ExecuteQuery() and
>> EvaluateParams() into a new transformExecuteStmt() that is called from
>> transformStmt().
>
> Uhmm ... no actual patch attached?

Oops, here it is.

I checked this patch, and I think so it's correct and wanted. It introduce transform stage for EXECUTE command, and move there the argument transformation.

This has sensible change - the code is much more correct now.

The patching, compilation was without any problems, make check-world too.

I was little bit confused about regress tests - the patch did some code refactoring and I expect so main target is same behave before and after patching. But the regress tests shows new feature that is just side effect (nice) of patch. More, the example is little bit strange - nobody will use prepared statements and execution in SQL function. It should be better commented.

I'll mark this patch as ready for commiters.

Regards

Pavel

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/