Re: 11 beta 3 / ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT regression in PLPGSQL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: 11 beta 3 / ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT regression in PLPGSQL
Date
List pgsql-bugs

> This routine works well on postgres v10:
it works? Or is only accepted as input? I got error on function call.
I thought plpgsql cannot directly uses savepoints, only implicitly with begin ... exception ... end block ( https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-ERROR-TRAPPING )

Well, you can still create this function with set check_function_bodies to off

This doesn't help, because any function is validated before execution

but it is hard to believe, so it was working ever.

You are right, calling the method lead to error in both cases. My misunderstanding, sorry. David

No problem :)

Pavel