Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I'll work on my proposal in v11 time. Maybe in this time Postgres will support autonomous transactions.

Maybe.

The variables syntax should be better integrated to core - it should be
implemented without getter/setter functions.

Yes, a nicer syntax would be great.

Note that setter/getter could be useful for some use case, eg with queries built dynamically?

There is not any problem for usage in dynamic sql. Some generic access  is done already.

I am not sure If statement SET can be enhanced to allows the work with session variables without some conflicts, but we will see.

If so, maybe some kind of prefix could provide a workaround.

any other database objects has not prefix. But we can identify a ambiguous situation and in this case we can require qualified identifier.

Regards

Pavel

--
Fabien.