Re: pgsql: Default to hidden visibility for extension libraries where possi - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: pgsql: Default to hidden visibility for extension libraries where possi
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

út 19. 7. 2022 v 17:31 odesílatel Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> napsal:
Hi,

On 2022-07-19 16:28:07 +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Anyway, the minimal patch that makes plpgsql_check tests pass is
> attached.  This seems a bit random.  Maybe it'd be better to have a
> plpgsql_internal.h with functions that are exported only for plpgsql
> itself, and keep plpgsql.h with a set of functions, all marked
> PGDLLEXPORT, that are for external use.

It does seem a bit random. But I think we probably should err on the side of
adding more declarations, rather than the oposite.

This list can be extended. I think plpgsql_check is maybe one extension that uses code from another extension directly. This is really not common usage.

I like the plpgsql_internal.h idea, but probably done separately?

can be

I have not any problem with it or with exports.txt file.

Greetings,

Andres Freund