Re: problem with msvc linker - cannot build orafce - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: problem with msvc linker - cannot build orafce
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 11/23/15 15:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> Lack of PGDLLIMPORT on the extern declaration, no doubt.
>
> The fact that we've not heard this before implies that either nobody has
> ever tried to use orafce on Windows, or it only very recently grew a
> dependency on session_timezone.

Actually, we encountered the situation before couple of months.
A client wanted to use orafce on Windows and the same build problem occurred.
We performed a workaround to edit the PG source to export unresolved symbols,
which I think of not a good solution.

I found a workaround for session_timezone so master is compileable on msvc again without patching PG source

https://github.com/orafce/orafce/commit/9bda5074d44eefebbd002b4720d5833e612428af

but can be nice to solve this issue - there can be some interesting variables and not for all the workaround is possible

Regards

Pavel

Has anyone got the stomach to try such a thing and see what happens?
I don't have MSVC here.

-Chap

We have the environment to test your ideas.
Can you explain your ideas with more detail?

(C)Bitnine, Kisung Kim, Ph.D
https://sites.google.com/site/kisungresearch/
E-mail : kskim@bitnine.co.kr
Office phone : 070-4800-3321