Re: few ideas for pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: few ideas for pgbench
Date
List pgsql-hackers

út 4. 5. 2021 v 20:59 odesílatel Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> napsal:

Hello Pavel,

> 1. print server version to the output of pgbench. Now only client side
> version is printed

It is easy enough and makes sense. Maybe only if it differs from the
client side version ?

This is not a simple question. Personally I prefer to show this info every time, although it can be redundant. Just for check and for more simple automatic processing.

When I run pgbench, I usually work with more releases together, so the server version is important info.

> 2. can ve generate some output in structured format - XML, JSON ?

It is obviously possible, but that would mean some code. ISTM that the
various outputs are easy enough to parse and convert to anything without
needing a special format? Is there some particular part you have in mind?

I thought about something what I can simply import to  Postgres or to R. But maybe XML or JSON is a bad idea.

What about CSV? Any run can produce one row.

--
Fabien.