Re: Greatest of a list of columns? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Greatest of a list of columns?
Date
List pgsql-general

čt 1. 7. 2021 v 15:27 odesílatel Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> napsal:

čt 1. 7. 2021 v 15:26 odesílatel Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> napsal:
Postgresql 12.5

What's the canonical Postgresql method for doing, for example, this?
SELECT relname, MAXOF(last_vacuum, last_autovacuum)
FROM pg_stat_user_tables;

Seeing both last_vacuum and last_autovacuum is useful, of course, but
sometimes I only want to see the "really" last time it was vacuumed.

I can hard code a case statement, but a generic multi-column solution is
preferred.

 postgres=# select greatest(current_date, current_date + 1);
│  greatest  │
│ 2021-07-02 │
(1 row)

Pavel