Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 8:27 PM Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure about the current status, but found it while playing
around with the latest changes a bit, so thought of sharing it here.

+      <varlistentry>
+       <term><replaceable class="parameter">strategy</replaceable></term>
+       <listitem>
+        <para>
+         This is used for copying the database directory.  Currently, we have
+         two strategies the <literal>WAL_LOG_BLOCK</literal> and the

Isn't it wal_log instead of wal_log_block?

I think when users input wrong strategy with createdb command, we
should provide a hint message showing allowed values for strategy
types along with an error message. This will be helpful for the users.

I will fix these two comments while posting the next version.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar