Re: Exit walsender before confirming remote flush in logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: Exit walsender before confirming remote flush in logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 11:16 AM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> In case of logical replication, however, we cannot support the use-case that
> switches the role publisher <-> subscriber. Suppose same case as above, additional
> transactions are committed while doing step2. To catch up such changes subscriber
> must receive WALs related with trans, but it cannot be done because subscriber
> cannot request WALs from the specific position. In the case, we must truncate all
> data in new subscriber once, and then create new subscription with copy_data
> = true.
>
> Therefore, I think that we can ignore the condition for shutting down the
> walsender in logical replication.

+1 for the idea.

- * Note that if we determine that there's still more data to send, this
- * function will return control to the caller.
+ * Note that if we determine that there's still more data to send or we are in
+ * the physical replication more, this function will return control to the
+ * caller.

I think in this comment you meant to say

1. "or we are in physical replication mode and all WALs are not yet replicated"
2. Typo /replication more/replication mode

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar