Re: [BUG] "FailedAssertion" reported when streaming in logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: [BUG] "FailedAssertion" reported when streaming in logical replication
Date
Re: [BUG] "FailedAssertion" reported when streaming in logical replication  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 6:59 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 5:55 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am able to reproduce this and I think I have done the initial investigation.
> >
> > The cause of the issue is that, this transaction has only one change
> > and that change is XLOG_HEAP2_NEW_CID, which is added through
> > SnapBuildProcessNewCid.  Basically, when we add any changes through
> > SnapBuildProcessChange we set the base snapshot but when we add
> > SnapBuildProcessNewCid this we don't set the base snapshot, because
> > there is nothing to be done for this change.  Now, this transaction is
> > identified as the biggest transaction with non -partial changes, and
> > now in ReorderBufferStreamTXN, it will return immediately because the
> > base_snapshot is NULL.
> >

> Your analysis sounds correct to me.

Thanks, I have attached a patch to fix this.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Attachment