Re: [HACKERS] Enabling parallelism for queries coming from SQL orother PL functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Enabling parallelism for queries coming from SQL orother PL functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> So couldn't we actually make this test !fcache->returnsSet || !es->lazyEval?
> That would let us allow parallel execution for all non-set-returning
> functions, and also for set-returning functions that end up with
> es->lazyEval set to false.

Yes, this is the right thing to do although we may not enable
parallelism for any more queries by adding "|| !es->lazyEval". Because
SELECT are always marked as es->lazyEval=true(And so far we have
parallelism only for select).  But here we calling the parameter to
ExecutorRun as execute_once so  !fcache->returnsSet || !es->lazyEval
is the correct one and future proof.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar