Re: Parallel bitmap heap scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: Parallel bitmap heap scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Rafia Sabih
<rafia.sabih@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Recently, on testing TPC-H 300 scale factor I stumbled on to a error
> for Q6, the test environment is as follows,
> work_mem = 1GB,
> shared_buffers = 10 GB,
> Effective_cache_size = 10GB
> random_page_cost = seq+page_cost =0.1
>
> The error message is, ERROR:  invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1610612740
> In case required, stack trace is as follows,

Thanks for reporting.  In pagetable_allocate, DSA_ALLOC_HUGE flag were
missing while allocating the memory from the DSA.  I have also handled
the NULL pointer return from dsa_get_address.

Please verify with the attached patch.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar