Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 8:22 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 11:15 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hmm, this is also used to build cid hash map (see
> > > ReorderBufferBuildTupleCidHash) which we need to use while streaming
> > > changes for the in-progress transactions.  So, I think that it would
> > > be required earlier (before commit) as well.
> > >
> > Oh right,  I guess I missed that part.
>
> Attached a new rebased version of the patch set.   I have fixed all
> the issues discussed up-thread and agreed upon.
>
> Pending Issues:
> 1. The default value of the logical_decoding_work_mem is set to 64kb
> in test_decoding/logical.conf.  So we need to change the expected
> output files for the test decoding module.
> 2. Need to complete the patch for concurrent abort handling of the
> (sub)transaction.  There are some pending issues with the existing
> patch[1].
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-ud98kWHCo2YKS55H8rGw3_A7ESyssHwU0xPU6KJsoy6A%40mail.gmail.com
Apart from these there is one more issue reported upthread[2]
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-vrSNkAfRVrWKe2R1dqFBTubjt%3DDYS%3DjhH%2BjiCoBODdaw%40mail.gmail.com

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar