Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 9:33 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, the blocking problem with this patch is to deal with shutdown as
> discussed in the thread [1].

I will have a look.

 In short, the problem is that at
> shutdown, we wait for walsender to send all pending data and ensure
> all data is flushed in the remote node. But, if the other node is
> waiting due to a time-delayed apply then shutdown won't be successful.
> It would be really great if you can let us know your thoughts in the
> thread [1] as that can help to move this work forward.

Okay, so you mean to say that with logical the shutdown will be
delayed until all the changes are applied on the subscriber but the
same is not true for physical standby? Is it because on physical
standby we flush the WAL before applying?

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar