Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits
Date
Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 9:53 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 11:27 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [v10 patch set]
>
> Hi Dilip, I'm experimenting with these patches and will hopefully have
> more to say soon, but I just wanted to point out that this builds with
> warnings and failed on 3/4 of the CI OSes on cfbot's last run.  Maybe
> there is the good kind of uninitialised data on Linux, and the bad
> kind of uninitialised data on those other pesky systems?

Here is the patch to fix the issue, basically, while asserting for the
file existence it was not setting the relfilenumber in the
relfilelocator before generating the path so it was just checking for
the existence of the random path so it was asserting randomly.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Attachment