Re: Fix for issue RM1336 [pgadmin4] - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Harshal Dhumal
Subject Re: Fix for issue RM1336 [pgadmin4]
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

PFA patch

This contains:
1] All shortcuts' list which we are using in pgAdmin4.
2] Fixed shortcut display tooltips.

--
Harshal Dhumal
Software Engineer

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi Harshal,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 7:59 AM, Harshal Dhumal
<harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Somehow control key is mapped to Command key in Mac. So on Mac shortcuts are
> Shift+Command+E, Shift+Command+X, Shift+Command+A

OK, those work, but I think we need to take a step back here (partly
because Cmd+Shift+A seems to be Select All in CodeMirror on Mac). I've
committed the patch now, but changed Ctrl+Shift+A to Ctrl+Shift+N.

Can you please work on the following:

1) Create a table of shortcuts from our runtime, our web app, and
CodeMirror. This should list:

Component (e.g. runtime, CodeMirror, Query Tool)
Standard shortcut (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+A)
Mac shortcut (e.g. Cmd+Shift+A)
Function (e.g. Explain Analyze or Select All)

Let's make this as complete and accurate as possible, so it can be
included in the documentation, and used by us to select or
de-duplicate shortcuts.
Added shortcuts' list.

2) Confirm that the shortcuts we're using in our runtime and web
application don't conflict with any in CodeMirror (or web browsers, in
the case of the web app).
Tested. No other conflicting shortcuts found.

3) Update the web application so the shortcuts are correctly displayed
on Mac automatically - e.g. the tooltips and menus should show
Cmd+Shift not Ctrl+Shift
Fixed

4) Investigate #1360, and ensure that the CodeMirror shortcuts work
consistently between the runtime and browsers on all platforms.
Investigating now.

5) Investigate any remaining shortcuts that don't work as expected.

Investigating now.: Codemirror shortcut (Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+A)  "Select all" only works on Mac (web/runtime) not on linux platform (haven't tested on windows)

Thanks, Dave.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com