Re: User management functionality patch [pgadmin4] - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Harshal Dhumal
Subject Re: User management functionality patch [pgadmin4]
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

PFA updated patch (V6) for user management functionality.

Changes: As per Ashesh's suggestion I have disabled email update of existing user.

--
Harshal Dhumal
Software Engineer

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Harshal Dhumal
<harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> PFA attached patch (V5) for user management functionality.
>
> Note: If you've applied any of the previous patch of this functionality then
> set ConfigDB value to 10 in version table of and also delete role 'Standard'
> from role table before applying this patch.

Done - also restarted my app server, and done a hard refresh of the browser...

And I get "(index):310 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property
'show_users' of undefined" when I try to open the Users menu option.

This was an issue. Ideally Users menu shouldn't be visible to non admin users. I have fixed in this patch.

>> - The Close button should be disabled if errors are present.
>

> I'm not convinced that to deny superuser from closing dialog for his
> mistakes (accidental mistakes).
>
> Consider a case when superuser clears email for any old user inadvertently
> (obviously this won't reflect on server). At this point there is no proper
> way that he can roll back or close the dialog without saving it if we
> disable close button. He has to either enter correct email for that user or
> refresh the browser.
>
> Another case while adding new user if he plans not to add user then he has
> to clear that partially filled user from grid before he can close the
> dialog.

Well we either need that, or a message box asking the user if he wants
to discard his changes and offering OK/Cancel options.

I have added confirmation before closing dialog if any unsaved changes are present.

>> - If I enter all the details for a new user and then hit Close, the dialog
>> is closed and the new user is NOT added. I have to click something else
>> first so the row loses focus, and then click close.
>

> I was not able to reproduce this issue. I tried with both close buttons
> (top-right and bottom-right). Users were created in both the cases by adding
> all details and directly closing dialog without clicking anywhere on the
> dialog.

Hmm, I'll re-test when I get an updated patch.
Ok

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com