Re: [pgAdmin4][RM2586] Cleanup feature test - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Harshal Dhumal
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][RM2586] Cleanup feature test
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

Please find attached updated patch

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Harshal Dhumal <harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Last week Sarah, Matt and I had call regarding some issues with feature test cases.
For example in auto commit disable test scenario from query tool test cases by removing code line
self.page.find_by_id("btn-auto-commit").click() the test case scenario was not falling.
This issue was due to previously on going database transaction. This issue was also with test scenarios like
auto commit enable and auto rollback enabled. The attached patch fixes this issue.

@Sarah and Matt can you please give this patch a try to check if issues we discussed last week are fixed.

I don't think Matt and Sarah are working on pgAdmin any more :-(

I just tried this patch, and whilst the tests all passed, it spent quite some time typing "select * from hats" into random places in the query tool, such that it ended up running queries like

select * select * select * from hats from hats from hats

I don't remember it doing that before; I think it was a) clearing codemirror each time and b) entering the text much more quickly (in fact I just tried it, and it enters the text and executes the query so fast the screen basically strobes).
Fixed.

Performance-wise, I got 266 seconds with the patch, and 378 without, so there's definitely some good improvement here, just a little funkyness with the query tool journey test.

Recently Wenlin Zhang has fixed this in this commit. Here is link to email thread.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com