Re: Highly academic: local etcd & Patroni Cluster for testing on asingle host - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Kukushkin
Subject Re: Highly academic: local etcd & Patroni Cluster for testing on asingle host
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 at 08:55, Paul Förster <paul.foerster@gmail.com> wrote:
> no, with Patroni, replicas are always initiated by Patroni. Patroni copies the whole PGDATA including everything
(postgresql.conf,etc.) in it to the replica site. When launching Patroni for the first time, all you need is its yaml
configurationfile and an empty PGDATA. It then will copy the whole master's PGDATA as is, launch the replica database
clusterand start replication.

That's not correct, Patroni will happily pick up the existing data directory.

> Even if Patroni uses pg_basebackup internally (which I assume it does), there is no way to pass parameters to it.

This is also not correct. One can specify arbitrarily parameters for
pg_basebackup in the Patroni config file:
postgresql:
  basebackup:
    tablespace-mapping: /foo=/bar
    waldir: /my/waldir