Re: pg_prewarm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Keller
Subject Re: pg_prewarm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Robert

2012/3/11 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Stefan Keller <sfkeller@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The main conclusion was:
>> * Do a "tar cf /dev/zero $PG_DATA/base either shortly before or
>> shortly after the database is created"
>> * Do a seq scan "SELECT * FROM osm_point".
>>
>> Is your tool a replacement of those above?
>
> It can be used that way, although it is more general.
>
> (The patch does include documentation...)

Thanks for the hint. That function is cool and it seems to be the
solution of the concluding question in my talk about read-only
databases at pgconf.de 2011!

I'm new to the contrib best practices of Postgres so I did not expect
that a file 'pg_prewarm_v1.patch' contains a brand new stand-alone
extension.

Does pg_prewarm have already a website entry somewhere? I did not find
anything (like here
http://www.postgresql.org/search/?q=pg_prewarm&a=1&submit=Search )
except at Commitfest open patches (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/
).