Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Subject Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 at 20:27 Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

I see REINDEX CONCURRENTLY was fixed in head, but the docs didn't get
updated to mention the need to run ANALYZE or wait for autovacuum before
expression indexes can be fully used by the optimizer.  Instead of
putting this mention in the maintenance section, I thought the CREATE
INDEX page make more sense, since it is more of a usability issue,
rather than "why use expression indexes".  Patch attached, which I plan
to apply to all supported branches.

Did a quick review and totally agree... thanks a lot Bruce to help us don’t miss it.

Regards,

--
   Fabrízio de Royes Mello         Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/