Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix breakage from earlier plperl fix. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alex Hunsaker
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix breakage from earlier plperl fix.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 16:07, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 01/12/2012 09:28 PM, Alex Hunsaker wrote:
>>
>> Util.c/o not depending on plperl_helpers.h was also throwing me for a loop
>> so I fixed it and SPI.c... Thoughts?
>

> Basically looks good, but I'm confused by this:
>
>   do language plperl $$ elog('NOTICE', ${^TAINT}); $$;
>

> Why is NOTICE quoted here? It's constant that we've been careful to set up.

No reason.

[ Err well It was just part of me flailing around while trying to
figure out why elog was still crashing even thought I had the issue
fixed. The real problem was Util.o was not being recompiled due to
Util.c not depending on plperl_helpers.h) ]