Re: [BUGS] BUG #14588: Postgres process blocked on semop - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Neo Liu
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14588: Postgres process blocked on semop
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 5:03 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2017-03-12 04:30:52 +0000, Neo Liu wrote:
> *The pstack screenshot*
> It shows two process's stack, one is pid 186397 who were in authentication,
> and the other is 188832 who where in INSERT.

This suggest you're having quite massive contention around
ProcArrayLock.  You should consider updating to 9.6. Several releases
since 9.2 considerably improved scalability around this (especially
9.6).

Regards,

Andres

Thanks, Andres

I think upgrading to newest version is a good way, but I can't perform it on a production system before we doing sufficient testing.

Currently, I want to know if this is a bug of pgsql 9.2.16, and how can I avoid this situation.

Thanks, diabloneo