Re: Table Design question for gurus (without going to "NoSQL")... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Table Design question for gurus (without going to "NoSQL")...
Date
Re: Table Design question for gurus (without going to "NoSQL")...  (Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Gavin Flower
<GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:

> How about having 2 indexes: one on each of ip & url_md5? Pg will combine the
> indexes as required, or will just use one if that is best.

Thanks Gavin. Question: what if I have a joined index? If from a
joined index I only use the first column (say, "ip") will a joined
index still be used?

It is cleaner to create two indexes for the two columns. Which is recommended?