Re: Installed. Now what? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Installed. Now what?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 11/19/11 11:42 PM, Phoenix Kiula wrote:
>
> does this firewall block localhost at all?  many don't.  (I'm not at all
> familiar with this CSF/LFD thing)
>
> if you enable a port for TCP_IN, does it automatically allow replies back?
>
> postgres uses no UDP.

The firewall is set to:

1. Ignore the process pgbouncer (in fact the entire directory in which
pgbouncer sits)

2. Allow 127.0.0.1 for everything, no limitations

3. Yes, it can allow replies back (the same settings work with
postgresql, should pgbouncer be any different?)

I tried disabling the firewall completely. Same thing -- pgbouncer
still does not work.

It's not the firewall. It isn't blocking anything. Nothing in the logs
related to pgbouncer. I merely mentioned it as a step.