Re: Installed. Now what? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Installed. Now what?
Date
Re: Installed. Now what?  (Amitabh Kant <amitabhkant@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 3:35 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well in the .ini file you posted there is no [databases] section. From what I
> read lack of one would explain the problem you are seeing.

Yes. Because that's private to post on a public mailing list like this.

Here's my INI file below, with the private DB name etc sanitizes --
and trust me, all info related to password and ports is absolutely
correctly entered. Both pgbouncer and postgresql are live and running.

Just that pg_connect() function in PHP is not working if I point is to
pgbouncer's port instead of the direct postgresql port.

[databases]
MYDB  = host=127.0.0.1 dbname=MYDB user=MYUSER client_encoding=utf8 port=5432

;; Configuation section
[pgbouncer]
logfile = /var/log/pgbouncer.log
pidfile = /var/run/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.pid
; ip address or * which means all ip-s
listen_addr = 127.0.0.1
listen_port = 6543
auth_type = trust
auth_file = /var/lib/pgsql/pgbouncer.txt

admin_users = postgres
stats_users = stats, root
pool_mode = session
server_reset_query = DISCARD ALL

;;; Connection limits
; total number of clients that can connect
max_client_conn = 1500
default_pool_size = 50