Re: Add a filed to PageHeaderData - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Soroosh Sardari
Subject Re: Add a filed to PageHeaderData
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
Soroosh Sardari <soroosh.sardari@gmail.com> wrote:

> I check this problem with a virgin source code of
> postgresql-9.3.2. So the bug is not for my codes.

> By the way, following code has two different output and it is
> weird.

I can confirm that I see the difference in 9.3.2, and that I don't
see the difference in 9.3.4.  Upgrade.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

There's really no point in reporting a possible bug on a version
with known bugs which have already had fixes published.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

wow, it's arch-dependent.
in the 32-bit compiled of PG9.3.2 the code has same output and in 64-bit binary of same code output is different!!

The problem is not about the sql code I posted in the last email. Problem could be different in any architecture,
In 32-bit or 64-bit architecture adding a char array of length 20 to PageHeaderData cause error in regression test.

Regards,
Soroosh