Re: Recover from failover - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Martin S
Subject Re: Recover from failover
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 11:58 PM, white.heron white
<white.heron@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> As soon as the slave database server had been promoted to master. The
> old-server master database should be promote to become slave server.
> I believe database replication has been done by your vendor. In this case
> the new master database server will replicate data with new slave database
> server.
> Once replication completed. You may unplug the new slave database server and
> perform kernel operating system upgrade as standalone.
>

> Regards,
>
> MOHAMMAD ADLI BIN MT TAJUDIN
>
> H/p number:  (017) 362 3661
> Email: white.heron@yahoo.com

Thanks for the replies guys.

I like your approach Jerry. Promoting the slave and configuring the
master to be slave before going down, so when ex-master comes up, it
gets updated.
Problem here seems to be changing configs for maintenance. One error
and you are screwed. Probably creating some script to make it more
automatic or something could be a good idea.

Cheers!

Martin