Re: pgaudit log directory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Hughes
Subject Re: pgaudit log directory
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the response!  I realized I didn't have the default logging turned on.  I needed to edit the postgresql.conf file to enable log_destination = 'csvlog' and logging_collector = on.  Once I did that I can now see the audit file.

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 4:31 AM Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
On 18/11/19 9:56 μ.μ., Dave Hughes wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using PostgreSQL 10.5 on Linux (RHEL).  I'm new to administering PostgreSQL and recently installed pgaudit.  I believe I have it installed correctly and wanted to start playing with it to see
> how exactly it works.
>
> So while walking through a tutorial I found online, I saw where I can enter a statement in PostgreSQL, such as:
> ALTER SYSTEM SET pgaudit.log TO 'read, write';
> SELECT pg_reload_conf();
> Then after reading or writing to a table, you can then check "pg_log" for the audit entries.  But my issue is that I can't find the log file at all?
>
> In my main PostgreSQL directory (/work/PostgreSQL/10)I do have a file called "logfile", but there are no entries from today.  When I go into the pgaudit sub-directory (/work/PostegreSQL/10/pgaudit)
> I don't see any log file in there either?

pgaudit writes in the standard pgsql log.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead