Re: logical replication empty transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ajin Cherian
Subject Re: logical replication empty transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 1:29 PM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:

I've rebased the patch and made changes so that the patch supports "streaming in-progress transactions" and handling of logical decoding
messages (transactional and non-transactional).
I see that this patch not only makes sure that empty transactions are not sent but also does call OutputPluginUpdateProgress when an empty
transaction is not sent, as a result the confirmed_flush_lsn is kept moving. I also see no hangs when synchronous_standby is configured.
Do let me know your thoughts on this patch.

Removed some debug logs and typos.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia