Re: Better use of screen width for query tabs - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: Better use of screen width for query tabs
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 10:26 PM Trung Do <chin.bimbo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Currently, the left browser tree panel is not collapsible, and the
Properties/SQL/Statistics/Dependencies/Dependents tabs are not even
closable, so together they take up nearly half my screen width.
Because of this, I can only open up to 4-5 additional tabs before my
tabs overflow, which is quite annoying.

I have some suggestions:

 - Make the left browser tree collapsible
 - Make the Properties/SQL/Statistics/Dependencies/Dependents tabs
closable. Add an option to reopen them e.g. in a menu somewhere.
 - Alternatively, move those tabs to the menu bar row. There is just
so much space there right now.(right side of the Help menu).
 - Add an option so that when there are many tabs, instead of showing
arrows to scroll back and forth, just keep shrinking the tab width
like in a browser and keep the tab bar's width fixed/not scrollable.

Similar request has already been reported, https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5091. Please update this RM with additional changes.

Thanks,
Khushboo

Thanks,