Re: PgAdmin 4 Importing Servers with Error - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: PgAdmin 4 Importing Servers with Error
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 12:56 AM Bo Guo <bo.guo@gisticinc.com> wrote:

Hi there,

I was trying to transfer the servers setup (connection to various servers) from one install to another using this link https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/development/import_export_servers.html

All is fine except when we import using

sudo python3 /usr/pgadmin4/web/setup.py --load-servers /srv/nas/Transfer/gisticservers.json

We got the following error msg:

This issue is due to the new release of SQLAlchemy package which was released last Thursday.
pgAdmin uses Flask-SQLAlchemy to manage the pgAdmin users data which is dependent on SQLAlchemy package.

As a work around, you can do following steps:
> source /usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin/activate
> pip3 uninstall SQLAlchemy
> pip3 install SQLAlchemy==1.3.24

Thanks,
Khushboo

Please kindly advise if there is anything I might have done wrong in the process.

Cheers,

Bo