Re: PgAdmin 4 : how to avoid error "Out of memory for query result"during SELECT with LOB ? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: PgAdmin 4 : how to avoid error "Out of memory for query result"during SELECT with LOB ?
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 9:25 PM STERBECQ Didier <didier.sterbecq@ratp.fr> wrote:

Hi,

I am running pgAdmin 4 version 4.15, with PostgreSQL 9.3 database,  and during SELECT on table with LOB (in TOAST), after near 5 minutes of wait I get error “Ouf of memory for query result”.

Adding  LIMIT clause in SQL work well, but I want all the rows of the result set.

I understand that with psql command I can use “\SET FETCH_COUNT 1” to avoid such error, but what to do with PgAdmin 4 ?

You can limit the number of records to fetch in one batch by changing the ON_DEMAND_RECORD_COUNT variable in the config.py file.
You can override this setting to the appropriate number (default is 1000) in the config_local.py or config_distro.py file.
The details regarding configuration file is at https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/4.17/config_py.html#config-py

Thanks,
Khushboo

Thanks by advance.