Re: disable create server - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: disable create server
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 6:11 PM Pavy Manuel <Manuel.Pavy@cnes.fr> wrote:

Thank you all.

I try to deploy pgadmin4 on my company but I want to manage the connections (server in pgadmin) the users can create.
So, I've found the line 84 of pgadmin/dashboard/templates/dashboard/welcome_dashboard.html to disable the link :

pgAdmin saves server list per user.

You may need to keep that in mind.

Yes I’m aware of that

It seems like a reasonable request to me - for example, to stop students adding random servers to a shared instance of pgAdmin that they're only supposed to be using for coursework.

Agreed.

My need is different : I deploy pgadmin4 in an ansible role which deploy the following (inside the [ ] ) :

User  ---->  [ Apache --->  pgadmin ----> pgbouncer ]  ----->  postgresql backend

And I have a script for adding a server for a specific user which create a pool and add the server tuple in the sqlite3 db.

The benefit is :

- I can serialize the connections (some users open many, many tabs)

- users who do not close their connections are not a problem (thanks to the pgbouncer timeout)

- I can reserve some connection to the production chain

- I can monitor the pool

Since yesterday, I’ve found a (ugly) solution : in the ./pgadmin/static/js/generated/browser_nodes.js, I deactivate the Server action.

But the pretty way should be to create a dedicated profile (in addition of administrator and user).

Please create a feature request @ https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4 .

Thanks,
Khushboo

Manuel Pavy